Ma Petite Chouchou

Ramblings... a little tech, a little french, a little random... enjoy
Other things
Send Me A Message
Other things
Keep In Touch

Subscribe to my blog.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Other things
other
What I'm Finding Online
Saturday, February 26, 2005
Flirt..... what to do tonight
I enjoy harmless flirting. Flirting with a close guy friend or someone completely unavailable. If it can do no harm it's all good is my motto. With classes that are 9 to 1 male to female (remeber engineering guys, this doesn't mean the odds are good for me), you can be sure I generally flirt with the guys in my class. I don't discriminate. It means nothing, I just find it fun. You chit chat/normal girl talk with the girls and either are one of the guys on some days or flirty on the the others. For some reason it seems to work right now for me.

Is there anything wrong with that? The only thing I could think of would be the fact that, until recently, I didn't realize I was doing it! I know, I sound naive, but I honestly didn't, and I'm not all that naive. I know it'll get me in trouble one of these days, almost has already. There is a fine line between a flirt and the more insulting term for it, "cocktease." I think there is a difference -- avery fine line between the two. Almost invisible, sure but there none the less. A flirt is just having fun, not wanting anything back but a little flirty attention. Now, a cocktease, in my opinion, knows what they are doing and are going as far as they can without it no longer being just teasing, dangling the idea of what the guy wants but not delivering. I can understand how this can be annoying, but is just harmless flirting the same?

The guy undestanding it's just flirting is another big thing. How do you get that across? I guess by not crossing the line from flirt to cocktease. How? Haven't figure that one out. I've been called a flirt, even a cocktease, which no one else thought was appropriate but whatever he wants to think. Never been called a slut, tho if someone did I'd have a good laugh. They obviously don't know me!

That brings me to what should I do tonight. I was trying to do homework, but obviously, that isn't going on right now. Some friends are at the bars. Do I want to be around others? I have strong anti-social tendencies, I think it comes from my semi social anxiety issues. I'm not sure if I have the energy needed to be around lots of poeple I don't know. But waiting this long does mean they should be drunk which always makes in easier. If only I was too.

One of my room mates is a psych major. She asked me today if she could do a case study on me. Not sure whether to be insulted or willing? I'll probably just be indifferent. I'll explain more about that in another post possibly. This one is getting long as it is.

I do this when I procrastinate. Whole stream of consiousness. Gets pretty random but helps me emtpy my mind. If I do it I'll put a warning in the post so you can skip it if you so choose.

To call or not to call?
posted by mpcc @ 2/26/2005 11:04:00 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 3/06/2005 10:35:00 AM, Blogger Karoll said…

    I don't think that what you do is bad and you shouldn't have all this doubts.
    Flirt is something normal when you are young, conscious of your charm and not willing to invest yourself in a real relation.
    I did and always do the same kind of "flirt". The important thing is to be certain that you are not gooing dependant on it and on the person and the same for the person with who you are flirting.
    I think it can be a good mean to know the person better and to get some tenderness.
    Keep cool and don't prevent you to go deeper in the relation if the person whith who you are flirting interest you really.
    Seduction is something nice but to have a real relation is nicer ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: mpcc
Home: Mid-West, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER